Members of the Ekiti State Executive Council on Wednesday abandoned their food moments after Governor Kayode Fayemi announced the dissolution of his cabinet.
Fayemi in a statement signed by his chief press secretary, Mr. Olayinka Oyebode and made available to newsmen in Ado-Ekiti, communicated the dissolution to the members at the yesterday’s meeting held at the executive council chamber, Governor’s Office, Ado-Ekiti.
The commissioners, it was learnt, lost appetite and abandoned the food served them following the news of the dissolution.
Although there had been speculation about the impending sacking, some of the commissioners were said to have been shocked having thought that the cabinet would be dissolved later in the year.
Commissioners and special advisers, according to the statement, were advised to hand over to the permanent secretaries in their respective ministries.
The governor thanked all the executive members for their support for the government in the last two years, adding that the dissolution and the re-constitution that would follow were aimed at revitalizing the administration and positioning it for greater performance.
He said: “This is a moment of change and transformation in all that we are doing. This is not a statement about an individual not pulling their weight enough.”