Metro

10 dead, 20 hospitalized as generator fume sacks apartment in Imo

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

No fewer than 10 wedding guests have lost their lives due to inhalation of generator fume in Imo State, while about 20 others are currently fighting for their lives in a hospital.

The sad occurrence occurred in a community within the Mabitoli Local Government Area of the state.

According to a report by Punch, the victims had traveled down from Anambra for a wedding in the home of their in-laws. And after the event, they decided to pass the night there and return to their base the following morning.

Sadly, the generator that had supplied electricity into the apartment was responsible for the fume that caused the deaths.

10 dead, 20 hospitalized as generator fume sacks apartment in Imo

Responding to the shocking incident, Commissioner of Police in Imo State, Rabiu Ladodo, said, “The generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and widows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.

“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors.”

Other survivors were rushed to the Ikeduru General Hospital, although, no update has been provided about their current condition.

Also, read: Drama as Fani-Kayode, Church of Satan fight on Twitter

Ademola writes only what his audience can read, consume, and digest in the shortest time possible. Through his creative use of simple but standard vocabulary and imagery, he seeks only to communicate effectively.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.