10 things to know about Bill Gates’ N234billion hydrogen-powered superyacht
Microsoft co-founder, Bill Gates is about to become the owner of the world’s first hydrogen-powered superyacht.
The Herald brings you 1o important points about this potential floating city:
- Bill Gates’ yacht will cost him £500 million (approximately N234.3 billion). That is more than the 2020 budget of Ekiti (N124.7bn), Gombe (N130.83bn), Enugu (169.56), Kogi (N176bn), Imo (197.6bn) and many other Nigerian states.
- The yacht is christened Aqua ship
- It’s a 112-metre (370ft) luxury vessel completely powered by liquid hydrogen.
- The fuel will generate power for the two one-megawatt motors and propellors via on-board fuel cells, which combine hydrogen with oxygen to produce electricity. Water is a byproduct.
- According to Guardian, it has the potential to reach speeds of 17 knots (about 20mph) and travel 3,750 miles before it needs to refuel.
- Aqua ship has five decks and space to accommodate 14 guests and 31 crew members.
- It’s being built by Dutch design firm Sinot.
- It’s expected to be completed before 2024.
- It is Bill Gates’ first solely-owned yacht/
- Bill Gates is the world’s second-richest man with a net worth of $118 billion.