17 Year Old Student Hacks Classmate to Death


Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

A 17-year-old Senior Secondary School student has hacked a fellow student to death in Ado-Ekiti, South western Nigeria.

The student identified as 17 year old Kehinde Timilehin killed his fellow student, 16 yr old Favour Mathews both students of Ado Grammar School, Ado Ekiti on Thursday.

2019: Nigerians have no reason to Re-elect Buhari – Senator Olujimi

Both students were alleged to have engaged each other in a contest of traditional voodoo consequent upon which the deceased Mathew was said to have gone home to bring an axe and bottles to attack Timilehin.

At the height of the contest, Mathew was overpowered by Timilehin who struck him in the chest with his own (Mathew’s) axe.

He was rushed to the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital, Ado Ekiti, where he died.

The school principal, Mr Ebenezer Falayi confirmed that the incident occurred around 2.15pm at a far section of the school after closing hours.

This incident really saddened us because it was avoidable. What I gathered from students who were at the spot was that the two were arguing over who had superior power and the deceased had earlier gone home to bring all those weapons which could not pierce the suspect when used on him.

I was told that the suspect later overpowered the deceased and collected those weapons and attacked the victim in the chest. Our teachers, including myself, the vice principal and registrar alongside other teachers who were resident in the school here rushed him to EKSUTH. We even took the suspect along.

The victim was put on life support, but that could not help the situation, he died in the hospital. I had to quickly call the DPO of Odo Ado Police Station who reinforced his men and contacted the police station at Oke Ila, Ado Ekiti, to prevent the suspect from being killed by highly enraged deceased’s family members.

The hospital insisted on an autopsy before releasing the corpse, but the family resisted it. The corpse was later released to the family when it nearly caused trouble in the hospital.

The police also took the suspect into custody. But I had to beg for security beef up around the school when there was a threat that 30 students will be killed in reprisal today (Friday),” Falayi stated.

A police source, who also confirmed the incident, said;

“The suspect was immediately taken to the Criminal Investigation Department at the Police Command shortly after the deceased was confirmed dead.”


Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.