Two Brothers died in a tragic fire in Ifako on Monday.
The event which started at around 10:00PM caught the kids unaware and may have been started by the a gas cooker or a candle left lit.
One victim Kenneth was 2 years old, the other only 2 months old. It happened in Ifako, at 31, Shosanya Street, off Sholuyi Bus Stop, Gbagada. The building was a one room makeshift house.
According to eyewitness reports by The Nation “This fire started around 10pm. We do not know what caused it but the woman was not at home. She went out and left the children inside.” Said a witness
The Herald gathered they likely suffocated, as the fire was not severe “By the time she got back, the room was on fire and the kids had choked,” said one neighbor.
The Lagos State Fire Service have recovered the bodies and handed the case to the Divisional Police Officer in Ifako.