3 injured in Ogun gas explosion

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Three people were injured in a gas explosion that occurred in Ijebu-Ode area of Ogun on Monday.

The incident happened on Monday at Folagbade Road in Ijebu-Ode.

According to an eyewitness, the explosion was caused by a gas cylinder that belonged to one of the passengers taking a ride in a commercial tricycle.

The eyewitness explained that the rider of the tricycle parked by the roadside when the cylinder owner discovered that gas was leaking from the filled cylinder.

He said the tricycle was parked near a faulty car with a radiator problem.

Read Also: Kanu: Malami is a disgrace to rule of law – Canadian Justice Minister

“The rider of the tricycle parked by the roadside for the woman to fix the leaking cylinder, but unfortunately there was a car with a radiator problem also parked nearby.

“The heat generated from the car triggered the explosion,” the eyewitness said.

He disclosed that the accident involved three people, adding that one of the victims was severely injured.

According to him, the victims who suffered third-degree burns were rushed to Ijebu-Ode General Hospital, but the hospital refused to treat them and they were taken to an unknown hospital.

The Public Relations Officer (PRO), Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), Mr. Babatunde Akinbiyi, confirmed the incident, disclosing that the tricycle, three motorcycles and a car were burnt.

He added that the occupants of the tricycle suffered severe burnt injuries and were taken to the hospital for treatment.

Akinbiyi, however, disclosed that he could not ascertain if anyone died in the explosion. (NAN)

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.