The President, Muhammadu Buhari is ready to travel to London for David Cameron’s anti-corruption summit.
It is speculated that the President will reveal there the amount of money recovered from those who looted the treasury during the last administration.
The president has ahead of his trip released a 7 Point plan to deal with corruption. The new measures are supposed to curb corruption in all areas in Nigeria.
The President’s plans were released last night in Abuja by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu.
You can read them below.
1. Greater fiscal transparency and and the enforcement of anti-corruption laws in the oil sector;
2. Improvement of anti-corruption laws;
3. Stringent measures against corruption in corporate governance;
4. Enactment of Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters Bill, 2016;
5 Restriction of the ability of those who have looted public funds from traveling and investing the proceeds of their corruption in developed countries;
6. Developing list of those who have been convicted as well as those already prosecuted in Nigerian courts and sharing same with other countries; and
7. Contracts within a certain threshold will be published and those behind the companies bidding for the contract to be listed for public scrutiny both at national and state levels.