On Saturday, at the New Town area of Ondo Town in Ondo State a Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Official was electrocuted.
The worker perished in his attempt to connect a cable back to an electric pole.
An anonymous witness stated, the late Shama, in the company of some colleagues, went to the area to fix a cable, which had detached from an electric pole.
“Shortly after climbing the pole, he was electrocuted and fell on the ground.” the source stated.
He added that Shama was hurried to a neighbourhood hospital, where he was pronounced dead by a doctor.
Police rounded up some of the victim’s colleagues following the incident.
Another source a senior worker at the BEDC, who wished to remain anonymous as he was not permitted to speak on the matter, said the deceased was an assistant engineer at the company.
“The company will soon release a statement on the death,” he stated.
Mr. Femi Joseph, the state Police Public Relations Officer, verified the incident, and assured the public that investigations had begun.
“The deceased’s family made some allegations, so we had to arrest the operations manager and the manager of the company. We are interrogating them on their roles in the matter.”