Coronavirus: Nigerian man rushed to hospital after overdosing on chloroquine

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

A Nigerian man has been rushed to hospital after he overdosed on chloroquine and became unconscious.

The man, whose identity has not been revealed, was said to have started taking doses of chloroquine to prevent coronavirus.

The Herald gathered that he has also been giving the same to his children.

A Nigerian doctor, Dr. Chinonso Egemba aka Aproko Doctor, disclosed this on Twitter on Friday morning.

Egemba warned against overdosing on chloroquine, saying it could cause blindness, headache, drowsiness, slow heart rate, confusion, seizures/convulsion, unconsciousness and death.

He noted that although hydroxylchloroquine showed promise in some patients with the COVID19 infection, further tests were being conducted before it is approved as a treatment for the new Coronavirus.

Egemba added, “Dosage is being formed, don’t assume that it’s the same dose for malaria that will be used for this. We still do not know that.

“If you take it now, you are simply using yourself and your loved ones for experiments.

“Not everyone will be lucky to tell the story.”

He wrote:

Read Also: MFM orders closure of all parishes in Lagos, Ogun until further notice

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.