Topic: He will never leave you
Memorize: Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. Isaiah 49:16
Bible Reading Luke 5:1-9
1. And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,
2. And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.
3. And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon’s, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.
4. Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
5. And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word l will let down the net.
6. And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
7. And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and heip them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.
8. When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.
9. For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:
God has designed life such that as men, we are dependent on each other.
Once in a while, we might need help and may become weary if it does not come (Proverbs 13:12).
I have experienced this countless times but God has always helped me.
He is the Ever-Present help in the time of need (Psalms 46:1). Sometimes, there may be nobody to help.
At other times, those you have trusted may just decide against he|ping you, but not God. David, in Psalms 27:10 said:
“When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.”
Even if everybody were to forsake you in your time of need, God would never do so.
The Yorubas say that when fire burns a parent and his/her child at the same time, the parent would naturally focus on saving him/herself first irrespective of the depth of love towards that child.
However, with God, He will put you first. In Isaiah 49:15, God asked a vital question:
“Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.”
Can you recall the explosions that occurred in Lagos in 2001?.
Many people were so scared that they left their children behind and ran for their lives.
When such things happen, mothers forget their suckling children.
May we never experience such again in the mighty name of Jesus.
At other times too, those who really want to help may have tried their best, but are unable to save the situation.
Doctors are great, but once in a while, even they do not have solutions to some health problems.
Although some ailments have been termed incurable by man, there is no such thing with God. He does the impossible.
Set your love upon God, then call upon Him today. He will answer you (Psalms 91:14-15).
l join my faith with yours now. Ask for God’s intervention in that area where you need help desperately.
Bible Reading In One Year:
Nehemiah 1:1-11, Nehemiah 2:1-20, Nehemiah 3:1-32, Nehemiah 4:1-23, Nehemiah 5:1:49