That I may know Him
DAILY PERSONAL CONFESSION: My path is guided and guarded by the Holy Spirit. I have the armour of God upon me daily. I live in this world but I am not of this world. I am a spiritual being with a soul bound to the will of God and plans to reign with Him from now and evermore. I cannot be displaced by different doctrines of man because I have already being called out of darkness into His marvellous light. I henceforth walk and run this race endowed by His grace with my eyes focused on the highest calling of God in Christ Jesus always. I am not bent by the rules of natural man because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. Hallelujah!
Memorize: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Philipians 3:10
Bible Reading Exodus 5:1-8
1. And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the LordGod of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.
2. And Pharaoh said, Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the Lord, neither will I let Israel go.
3. And they said, The God of the Hebrews hath met with us: let us go, we pray thee, three days’ journey into the desert, and sacrifice unto the Lord our God; lest he fall upon us with pestilence, or with the sword.
4. And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do ye, Moses and Aaron, let the people from their works? get you unto your burdens.
5. And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, and ye make them rest from their burdens.
6. And Pharaoh commanded the same day the taskmasters of the people, and their officers, saying,
7. Ye shall no more give the people straw to make brick, as heretofore: let them go and gather straw for themselves.
8. And the tale of the bricks, which they did make heretofore, ye shall lay upon them; ye shall not diminish ought thereof: for they be idle; therefore they cry, saying, Let us go and sacrifice to our God.
Generally, ignorance kills. It is however even more lethal when people do not know God.
Such people could fall into the hands of God just as Nebuchadnezzar did (Daniel 4:33).
Pharaoh was reluctant to free the Israelites because he was ignorant of God’s power (Exodus 5:2), yet that was not enough to excuse him and his kingdom from God’s judgement.
God will never accept ignorance as an excuse for disobedience to His will.
Knowledge however, is power, more so the knowledge of the Most High God. It is the ultimate power.
How do we know God to the extent that we can draw maximum benefits from Him?.
How do we avoid walking contrary to His will?
God is the source of both temporal and eternal blessings. To know Him, you must first know Jesus. Matthew 11:27 says:
“All things are delivered unto me of my Father; and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.“
Knowing Jesus Christ is knowing the mind of God and those who know their God shall be strong and do exploits (Daniel 11:32 ).
No wonder Paul prayed passionately to know Jesus intimately (Philippians 3:10 ). When we look at Pauls prayer, we may understand why he did great exploits in the ministry.
To achieve the same kind of result in our Christian walk, we also must be knowledgeable in the word of God.
Search the Scriptures daily to know Jesus Christ the more (John 5:39 ), His mission before (Matthew 1:21 ), during (John 14:6 ) and after His earthly ministry (Revelation 22:12 ).
ANCIENT OF DAYS, thank You for Your wonder working power that is released daily through Your word into my life, in Jesus’ name
Father, please reveal Your majesty to me that I may reverence You as l should.
FATHER, let my life show Your love in every part of my life and let my life exalt Your name, in the mighty name of Jesus
FATHER, keep me daily in Your will, let my life outpour the importance of You to others in and around me, in the mighty name of Jesus
FATHER, let me not fall prey of the enticement of the devices of this perishing world, in Jesus’ name
I decree my heart is receptive each and everyday to the power of the word of God to change my world, in the mighty name of Jesus
I decree concerning the church of Christ worldwide, the Lord will uphold us during this end time and the gate of hell will not prevail, in the mighty name of Jesus
I decree the glory and favour of God speaks over every believer henceforth, in the mighty name of Jesus
I decree doors of nations are opened to the propagation of the gospel, in the mighty name of Jesus
Bible Reading in one year: Samuel 24:1-25,1 Chronicles 21:1-30,1 Chronicles 22:1-19