Topic : Unequally yoked?
Personal Daily Confession:
I confess today, the Spirit of God vitalizes every fiber of my being! The God-life in me destroys sickness, disease and infirmities! I’m healthy and strong! Only the life and nature of Christ – His beauty and glory – are manifested in me, because the Holy Spirit perambulates my body. The Word of God rules my body and I refuse to permit anything that’s inconsistent with the Word, in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen!
Memorize: Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?. 2 Corinthians 6:14
Bible Reading 2 Corinthians 6:13-18
13. Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.
14. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers; for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15. And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Who you associate with is a great determinant of whether God will be silent over your matter or if He will act on your behalf. In Genesis 12:1, God told Abraham to leave his father’s house and go to a land He would show him.
Unfortunately, Lot Abraham’s nephew, went with him. Lot being with Abraham hindered God from delivering the promise to him, but the moment Lot was separated from him, God remembered His promise.
“And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.” – (Genesis 13:14-15)
Thank God for His mercy that caused Abraham and Lots men to fight so that Lot could be separated from him (Genesis 13:1-18). I pray for you today: God will separate from you any friend or associate hindering Him from fulfilling His promise to you, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Joshua was experiencing victory upon victory until one day when he faced a small army that defeated him. That day, he had to investigate what made him fail and then he found out that there was a bad egg in his company Achan.
After getting rid of Achan, the victories resumed (Joshua 7:1-28 & Joshua 8:1-35 ). The Almighty God who I serve will reveal to you any Achan in your family, company or Church in the mighty name of Jesus.
God wants to help some people, but He would not because of their friends and associates.
It is either the person’s sins make it difficult for God to be involved in whatever the fellow is involved in or He knows that if He gives you what He wants to, with that fellow still in your life, it would result in more harm than good.
Who are your friends? Who are your business partners? Who are you planning to get married to? Who is squatting with you in your house? You need to choose these people with care.
If you choose a business partner who mutters incantations when you are praying, that project is not likely to go well because a house divided against itself cannot stand (Mark 3:25).
Prayerfully review the kind of people you associate with from today.
Bible Reading In One Year: Acts 7:1-60 , Acts 8:1-40