DAILY PERSONAL CONFESSION: God has not brought me this far to leave me. He has a purpose to fulfill in and through me. My days are numbered and guided by the lord because I have an expected end orchestrated by the king of kings. My journey in life will never be aborted.
It is my season and time, it is my testimony period because promises of God are manifesting greatly in my life. I am blessed and highly favoured and all things work together for my good in Jesus name. Amen!
Memorize: Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; – 1 Timothy 4:1
Bible Reading: Mark 13:31-37 (KJV)
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
“Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.” – Mark 13:33
Jesus is coming soon and although no one knows exactly when (Mark 13:32-33), we know some significant occurrences will mark the end of this age (2 Timothy 3:1-3). Some of them are already happening and this is why we must watch out for.
1. Backsliding: Many men of God are departing from the faith. Even some Christian denominations that started on a Bible-based foundation have derailed. They are succumbing to the pressure from the ‘digital’ world. While about a hundred years ago, it would have been unthinkable for any church to debate whether homosexuality should be considered, today it is a bone of contention. Seduction, fornication, adultery, divorce and other abominable practices are now commonplace not only in vestries but also on the altars. Watch and determine not to look back.
2. Wiles of the devil: According to 1 Peter 5:8, the devil is cunning and he wants to deceive unsuspecting and careless believers. He keeps telling the Church, “It is not too bad”; but what is not too bad is still bad. Watch and don’t fall for the trap.
3. Temptation: There will be temptations and we have to watch and pray to avoid them (Matthew 26:41). While the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak. You must be armed with the word because it is the sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17).
4. False teachers: Not all teachers and prophets who call on the name of Christ are genuine (Acts 20:29-30). Watch out as hypocrites have crept into the Church like Simon the sorcerer in Acts 8:13-21.
5. The second coming of the Lord:This is the most important of all. 1 Thessalonians 5:6-8 admonishes us not to sleep. Like the wise virgins, we must be awake and prepared.
Perilous times are here; so you will not be a victim of the dangers of the end time.
ANCIENT OF DAYS, thank You for always being close to me even more than I realize, thank You for watching over me, because I’m completely helpless without Your help
Father, deliver me in these perilous times. See me through to the end, in the mighty name of Jesus.
FATHER, help me to number my days and to apply wisdom in everything I do, in the mighty name of Jesus.
FATHER, please ignite my interest for Your kingdom. Help me to live right and be stay away from sin, in the mighty name of Jesus
I decree my joy will never be replaced with disgrace or sorrow, in Jesus’ name
I decree, the grace of God will uphold me till the end, by the right hand of righteousness; I scatter every plan of Satan to make me backslide, in Jesus name.
I decree this Monday, as I raise up an altar for God in my home, His presence shall destroy every pain and fear in my life and family, in Jesus Name
This Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye.