A woman named Aisha Wakil, known as “Mama Boko Haram”, has announced the kidnappers of the Dapchi schoolgirls have reached out to her. The Musab al-Barnawi faction of the Boko Haram sect is suspected of being responsible for the abduction of the 110 girls.
Wakil in an interview with NAN, gave details of how the faction of Boko Haram got in touch with her on Thursday admitting to having the girls in its custody.
Wakil is a part of the Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of Security Challenges Committee in the northern region set up by former President Goodluck Jonathan.
She was assured by the kidnapping terrorists that the girls were safe, healthy and in good condition.
Wakil had a week ago urged abductors to release the girls back to their families.
Wakil due to being respected by leaders of the Boko Haram leveraged o this and declared her commitment to seeing the girls were rescued safely.
” They are even the ones that called me, and said Mama we heard what you have said and told me that they are with the girls and they are going to release them.” said Mama Boko Haram.
Shedding more light on their correspondence she added
I begged of them and said please let this not be another 1,000-plus days of Chibok girls, and they laughed and said no.
“I asked them where I can come and stay with them (girls) for two days, but they did not say anything.
“I can assure Nigerians that so far they are with my son Habib and his friends; Habib is a nice guy, he is very nice boy. He will not harm them, he will not touch them, and he will not kill them.
“He is going to listen to us, and so far he indicated interest that he loves peace. And I love them for that and believe what they said on this.
“They will definitely give us the girls. All I am begging Nigerians is to calm down, be prayerful, everything will over by God’s grace.”
Meanwhile the Federal Government has intensified and extended it’s search to neighbouring countries.