Ex-Power Minister Reacts To Rumour Of Collapsing After Buhari Announced Sack

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The immediate-past Minister of Power, Engr. Sale Mamman has said that he did not faint after President Muhammadu Buhari announced his sack, as circulated in a section of the media.

Recall that Buhari fired Mamman and Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Sabo Nanono, on Tuesday.

After the news broke, Mamman allegedly collapsed and was rushed to a hospital in Abuja for medical attention.

Reacting to his reported fainting, the ex-minister said nothing of the sort happened.

Read Also: Lekki emerging as new hub of internet fraud – EFCC

He admitted that he was ill before the announcement and when he went to consult a doctor, he was advised to take a rest.

“Even before this sack was announced, I was very unwell because I did not even go to the office earlier this week.

“So yesterday Wednesday and Thursday, I also went back to the hospital for a check-up, and the doctor told me I needed a break so I remained at one place to rest.

“I found a serene and quiet environment to rest and take medication as recommended by the doctor. I didn’t stay at home because sympathisers are trooping to console me; this would prevent me from resting and convalescing on time.

“But I was also not hospitalised, and I did not faint as reported,” Mamman told BBC Hausa.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.