Immediate past governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola was screened by the Senate on Wednesday and had issued many notable quotes that trended on social media, especially Twitter.
Some of the Senior Advocate of Nigeria’s notable quotes are:
- There are times we spent money when we shouldn’t, the choices we make define the results we get
- We should have a debt that grows our productivity, we cant borrow to pay salaries. I can borrow to build power plants.
- The economy needs a stimulus. We MUST borrow. The notion of debt as a sin or something evil should be reviewed.
- Those who want to benefit from the commonwealth must contribute to the common purse.
- This nation has a lot of money outside the country. Nigerians are investing more outside the country.
- Well, by all means please let’s decentralize policing.
- The concept of loyalty is a very strange concept. When loyalty is to be tested, the real answer is that may it never be.
- Every citizen that was robbed, I had failed.
- The unfortunate thing about money is that it always raises suspicion even amongst brothers.
- Actions must have consequences.
- As governor of Lagos, I never signed a cheque and never fixed contract prices.
- My knowledge of Abuja is not as deep as my knowledge of Lagos.
- Every state need not start with state policing if they can’t fund it.
- The abuse of political power is not as important as the loss of lives. Plus there is a process for curing the abuse of institutions.
- My recommendation is a compelling urgency for decentralisation. There is a NECESSITY to decentralise the Police. We are under policed.
If you watched Fashola’s screening, feel free to add yours in the comment box…