There has been a minor fire incident at the Nigerian Army Headquarters Complex in Abuja Tuesday morning, The Herald can report.
Confirming the fire incident, the Director, Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Yerima said in a statement that the resulted from an electric spark.
He said the incident which happened at about 10.15 a.m. was as a result of minor electrical fault in one of the offices.
Yerima said the complex was currently undergoing some renovation involving electrical rework.
According to him, the Nigerian Army Fire Service Department has since put out the fire.
“No casualty was recorded during the incident and normalcy has since returned to the complex,” he said.