Gani Adams: “If we don’t want Nigeria to break, we must restructure”

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The Aare Ona Kakanfo, Iba Gani Adams, says the country must restructure if it must survive.

He stated this at a briefing in Lagos as part of celebration of the fourth anniversary of his installation as the 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo.

Adams stated that restructuring Nigeria into regions would solve most of the political and socio-economic challenges bedevilling Nigeria.

According to him, restructuring would also bring an end to growing agitation and tension across Nigeria, particularly the clamour for secession.

He advocated that 25 per cent of nation’s resources should be given to the Federal Government while the remaining 75 per cent should be distributed accordingly to the regions.

Read Also: 2023: Southern, Middle Belt leaders vow to reject any party with northern presidential candidate

“If we don’t want Nigeria to break we must restructure it into regions. This is what everybody has been clamouring for so that everyone will have a sense of belonging.

“Niger Delta people that are fighting for resource control is also part of the call for restructuring. I will be the last person to be against this agitation because it is their right. Before the existence of Nigeria, the people of Niger Delta have existed; likewise the Yoruba nation.

“We in the South West benefited immensely during the regional government headed by late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. We could remember the level of development and healthy competition across Nigeria,” Adams said.

 

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.