Health benefits of Ginger That Will Surprise You
Ginger is one of the healthiest spices on earth because it is filled with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain. Ginger tastes good and is generally healthy but here are some of the uses of Ginger you might know about.
1. It relieves nausea and pain: The spice has a long history of use for relieving nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness and pain.
2. It helps prevent heart problems: Stroke and heart failure, two of the biggest killers on the planet may be kept at bay with regular ginger use, especially when eaten with other superfoods like onion and garlic.
3. It helps the immune system: Ginger helps promote regular metabolism of your food and is largely responsible for promoting a strong immune system.
4. Ginger helps fight the flu and common cold: During cold weather, drinking ginger tea is good way to keep warm. It is diaphoretic, which means that it promotes sweating, working to warm the body from within. As such, in the wake of a cold, ginger tea is particularly useful.
5. It helps relieve indigestion: Ginger appears to speed up emptying of the stomach, which can be beneficial for people with indigestion and related stomach discomfort.
Ginger can be used fresh, dried, powdered, or as an oil or juice, and is sometimes added to processed foods and cosmetics.
So next time you go shopping for groceries, do not miss out on ginger.