Man Killed After Winning Big Money In Lottery


Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Ejike Onyejekwe, a 35-year old man has met his end in FESTAC after winning a lot of money in the lottery.

According to the Punch, the man who resided at  21 Road, K Close, FESTAC was stabbed by an unknown assailant.

After winning the lottery, Onyejekwe had splurged on his friends and threw a party last Thursday and Friday, after this, he was said to have argued with an unknown person on the phone after which he allegedly went to see whoever he was talking to but never returned.

His corpse was discovered the next day and was later identified by his friends.

The Punch reports that a resident spoke on the matter saying; “I was sipping tea around 7am when I heard the chairman blowing a whistle. I thought it was strange, but my wife called my attention to the surging crowd on the estate.

“I went downstairs and saw the corpse on the road. Like everybody, I was alarmed. We could not tell how the corpse got there or who he was. He had multiple stab injuries in the head. We all resolved that the case should be reported at the FESTAC Police Station.”

Another source spoke confirming that the deceased man had won the lottery only a few days prior; “The man won a lot of money in a lottery and from last Thursday to Friday, he was asking his friends to drink at his expense.

“He was called on the phone that Friday evening and he went to meet a man. I suspect that a gang stabbed him and used an object to hit him in the head. There were bruises on his knees and it appeared they dragged him on the floor as well.

“When the police were removing his corpse, blood was dripping from his mouth and nostrils. He was murdered in cold blood.”

SP Dolapo Badmos, Public Relations Officer for the police also spoke on the case stating that 2 people had already been arrested in connection to the case; “The chairman of one of the estates reported that at about 7am, he woke up and saw the victim lying lifeless with injuries on his head and body. The corpse was deposited at the Isolo General Hospital Mortuary for autopsy. Two suspects, Suleiman Ahmed and Ibrahim Yusuf, were arrested and the case transferred to the SCIID for further investigation.”

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.