Man Mistakenly Drinks Insecticide At Lagos Bar, Dies

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

A man, Willie Uyime, has died after he mistakenly drank liquid insecticide in a Chinese lounge and bar at Adeniran Ogunsanya, Surulere, Lagos.

According to The Punch, the victim had gone to the bar on Saturday to hang out with his friends when the incident occurred.

He reportedly drank the insecticide, believing it was water.

However, he was said to have started gasping for breath shortly after taking the deadly concoction and collapsed minutes later before he was confirmed dead at a nearby hospital.

The Lagos State Police Command confirmed the incident, saying the owners of the bar are being investigated for negligence.

“He visited the Chinese lounge and bar with his friends to drink. The insecticide was inside a bottled water container , so he thought he was drinking water. We are investigating the matter and the bar manager is being questioned,” the Lagos Police PRO, SP Chike Oti, was quoted as saying.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.