Morning Routine For Healthy Glowing Skin
One of the secrets to a great skin is a good morning routine. Every day, if you follow a routine for the skin, one that suits its type, you will see the difference in a few days.
Below is an easy everyday morning routine that is sure to make your skin glow.
- Drink up: Start your day with a glass of water. As tempting as it may be to reach out for that cup of coffee first thing in the morning, keep in mind that your body needs to rehydrate itself as soon as you wake up. If plain water doesn’t sound quite as appealing, you could add some lemon and honey to it. Green tea and coconut water are some other great beverage options for the morning.
Read also: Unbelievable benefits of Nigerian Okro
- Cleanse, Tone and Moisturize: The simplest and the easiest thing that you can do every morning after you wake up, is wash your face with cold water. Even if you are not stepping out of the house, washing your face and keeping it clean, is the first step towards achieving a naturally-glowy look. Washing the face can clean the excess oil that builds on the skin all night. The key is to keep things quick and simple, but to use products that are gentle, nourishing and effective.
- Cleanser: Cream cleansers that are infused with the goodness of aloe Vera and other natural skin-benefiting ingredients are ideal.
- Tone: Follow this up with a gentle and nourishing toner. Make sure that your toner is alcohol-free (which will ensure that your skin does not feel excessively dry and dehydrated) and is enriched with antioxidants that will heal and revitalize your skin.
- Serum: Although this isn’t commonly mentioned, using a serum after toning, and before moisturizing plays a huge difference in your skincare regime.
- Moisturizer: moisturizing is a must for a glowing skin. Use products that have vitamin c, aloe Vera and grape seed in them. You can never go wrong with Vitamin C infused products.
- Sunscreen: One of the biggest misconceptions about skincare is that sunscreen is not important. This is WRONG. Applying this as the last product on your face serves as a protective barrier that protects the skin from sun damage.
- Exercise: Moving your body and getting some exercise early in the morning can work wonders for your skin. Aerobic exercise is an excellent way to rid your body of toxins and to revitalize your skin and body with oxygen.
- Don’t miss Breakfast! If you’re in the habit of skipping breakfast, then it’s about time you broke that habit. There’s really no substitute for a good breakfast. A healthy and wholesome breakfast in the morning is the key to not only great skin but to your overall health and fitness.
Every activity listed above is a must if you want to achieve clear, glowing skin in the morning.