Fumes from a generator set have reportedly killed a recently married couple in Niger State, following their decision to put on the generator in the night.
Adamu Mohammed and Sumaiya Adamu, who were aged 30 and 20 respectively, tied the knots in December last year and had been staying together in the apartment since then.
Sadly, the fumes from their generator took over their apartment and suffocated them until they gave up the ghost.
Since all their neighbors had gone to bed when the incidence occurred the couple could not get help when needed.
The door of their apartment had to be broken the next day after neighbors began to observe that there had been no movement within their apartment.
Some initial findings have revealed that the couple had kept the running generator in one of their rooms which did not have any form of ventilation or passage for the fumes.
Worse still, they slept in a room next to it.