Nigerian Army Releases Names of 86 Wanted Terrorists

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The Nigerian Army has released an 86 name list of persons wanted for acts of terrorism.

Featured on the list were alleged members of the notorious set, Boko Haram, and their leader, Abubakar Shekua, who had been proclaimed dead on various occasions in the past.

The released list included Abu Musa Al Barnawi, Modu Sulum, Malkam Umar, Mallam Bello Husba, Abu Musab Barnawi, Abu Imma, Ibrahim Abu Maryam, Baka Kwasari, Mallam Yan Kolo, Bana Gonna, Mohammed Abu Maryam, and Abu Dardda to mention a few.

The list which was said to be the fourth one issued by the Military was released on Wednesday and launched by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, alongside the Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum at the Nigerian Army Super Camp.

The event also featured the launching of Civilian JTF, Hunters and Vigilantes into the Nigerian Army Super Camp operations.

Gen. Buratai speaking on the events, said they were part of the activities aimed at pushing an end to the Boko Haram sect and their despicable crimes.

READ ALSO: $2.1bn Arms Fund: How Ex-NNPC GM’s Firms Received N2.2bn From NSA Under Dasuki – EFCC Tells Court

He stated that the Civilian JTF induction “will greatly help in containing the activities of Boko Haram because of their knowledge of the terrain and identifying Boko Haram members”.

He added that no underaged CJTF would partake in the operation and further urged the public to lend their support by fishing out the remaining insurgents.

Governor Zulum, renewing his call on the Boko Haram insurgents to surrender said, “For those that are still in the bush, terrorizing innocent lives and destroying properties, I call upon all of them to surrender.

“You are killing your brothers and sisters, destroying your own infrastructures that were built using money generated through tax from your forefathers. Today, we have all seen the level of devastation, nobody is been left, we are all affected in one way or another”.

Theatre Commander, Operation ‘Lafiya Dole’, Major Gen. Farouq Yahaya, also stated that adequate arrangements were being made as regards the welfare of CJTF’s that would take part in the operation.

 

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.