Pastor Beats ‘Madman’ To Death In Delta


Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The  Founder of God Revival Prayer Ministry, Prophet Moses Urovbu, has been arrested by the police for allegedly beating to death a mentally-unstable man brought to his church for healing.

According to reports, the victim, Monday Edjedjere, 30, was taken to the Ughelli, Delta State-based church by his mother, who left him in the prophet’s care and returned home.

Urovbu reportedly billed the victim’s mother N24,000 out of which she had paid N8,000 before leaving.

The State Commissioner of Police Mohammed Mustapha was quoted by The Sun as saying that the victim was taken to the church on March 28th.

However, the prophet was said to have tied the victim to a coconut tree within the church’s premises and placed him on seven-day dry fasting.

The prophet also reportedly beat the victim with holy water cane until April 4 when he became too weak to withstand the beating and collapsed before giving up the ghost.

But addressing the media, the suspect, Urovbu, said, ”I am the General Overseer of God Revival Prayer Ministry. I started my ministry in 1989. I have a large congregation spread across four branches of my church in Warri, Ughelli, Ewu, and Bayelsa State. I do pray for all kinds of people who are sick in my church. It was the mother of the deceased that brought him to my church because he was suffering from madness. I admitted him for prayers and billed them N24, 000 and the mother paid just N8, 000. I put the deceased on seven days dry fast. He started proving stubborn and broke the church plastic chairs. As a result, my pastors joined me and we chained him to a tree at the back of the church. The injuries on his body were sustained while flogging him with holy water cane so that he can be healed. It was when the mother discovered the condition of her son was not improving that she said I should release him to them. I refused because I can handle the situation. Unfortunately, the boy fell down, collapsed and died. On that fateful day, I still discharged five people who had similar sickness and I healed them and they are right in their houses now.”

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.