Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales and heir to the British throne, has tested positive for coronavirus.
Prince Charles had earlier been displaying mild symptoms over the weekend before being tested on Monday.
A Clarence House spokesman said on Wednesday that although the prince tested positive to the virus, he still remains in good health and is self- isolating at a royal estate in Scotland.
His wife, Camilla Duchess of Cornwall tested negative to the virus.
The spokesperson said: “He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.
“The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
“The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.
“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
He last had physical contact with Queen Elizabeth on the 12th of March and the 93-year-old monarch is said to be in “good health” and following all appropriate health and safety guidelines.
According to The Telegraph, his doctor’s estimate that the prince became contagious from March 13.