Tory Lanez Seeks Permission To Speak Publicly About Megan Thee Stallion Assault Case

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

American rapper, Tory Lanez has asked the court for permission to publicly speak about the ongoing Megan Thee Stallion assault case.

Tory Lanez filed a motion on Tuesday seeking to amend the terms of a protective order that is keeping him from publicly commenting on his ongoing case with Megan Thee Stallion.

The motion argues it is unfair that Megan has repeatedly used her platform to address the case and share “inflammatory information” while Tory Lanez is prohibited from doing the same.

His legal team claims the defense has received evidence that contradicts Megan’s statements about the July 12, 2020, incident, when she was allegedly shot by Lanez during an argument in the Hollywood Hills.

This evidence is said to include eyewitness testimony as well as “gunshot residue implicating others,” which he is not allowed to “disclose outside the legal process.”

Read also: Dr. Dre, Recording Studio Accuse Nicole Young For Embezzling $360,000

The motion specifically points to the recent false reports that Lanez’s assault charges had been dropped. Shortly after the story made headlines, Megan took to social media to suggest Lanez and his team were behind the “fake news.”

His legal team insists the defense had nothing to do with that disinformation, and that Tory Lanez was unable to publicly address the reports due to the protective order.

Megan’s attorney Alex Spiro exclusively told Page Six on Tuesday, “Did the motion fail to mention that there was gunshot residue on his hands or that he texted her ‘Sorry?’ I haven’t had a chance to read it.”

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.