Anthony Joshua, the current World heavyweight champion has been listed the second-richest sportsperson in the United Kingdom.
Popular UK newspaper, The Sunday Times, carried out the ranking and Gareth Bale was rated the richest young sports star.
Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton was however, ranked the richest sportsperson in the United Kingdom with a net worth of £224 million.
Other individuals on the young sports stars Rich List are footballers who are aged 30 or below. Some of them include Gareth Bale, Paul Labile Pogba, Kevin de Bruyne, David de Gea, Raheem Sterling, and N’Golo Kante.
According to media reports Joshua reportedly earned an estimated £78 million from his two fights with Andy Ruiz Jr last year, taking his net worth to £107 million.
Joshua reclaimed his titles from Andy Ruiz Jr, a Mexican boxer, in a rematch that held December 7, 2019. Joshua won via a unanimous decision
Bale had in 2016 signed a contract extension with Real Madrid until 2022 that will make him earn £115m over the next six years in salaries and bonuses. He is estimated to have a net worth of £114 million.
Bale joined Real for a then-world record fee of a little over €100m from Tottenham Hotspur in 2013. But the figure was topped by Paul Pogba’s €105m move to Manchester United in August of same year.
Top 10 richest young sports stars aged 30 or under (In pounds)
1. Gareth Bale (football) 114 million
2. Anthony Joshua (boxing) 107 million
3. Paul Pogba (football) 50 million
4. Kevin de Bruyne (football) 34 million
4. David de Gea (football) 34 million
6. Raheem Sterling (football) 28 million
7. N’Golo Kante (football) 25 million
8. Harry Kane (football) 24 million
9. Daniel Sturridge (football) 22 million
10. Jordan Henderson (football) 21 million