Boko Haram Terrorists Destroy Telecoms Mast in Fresh Borno Attack
Boko Haram terrorists destroyed the only functioning telecoms mast in the headquarters of Magumeri local government headquarters when they attacked the area on Monday.
Heavily armed terrorist fighters destroyed the telecoms mast before proceeding to destroy other telecommunications infrastructure and buildings in the area.
This comes just one week after a Boko Haram attack in the area which led to the deaths of six farmers while hundreds of others were displaced. Scores of farmers escaped from the attack varying degrees of gunshot injuries.
The latest attack occurred at 4pm and succeeded in infiltrating the council headquarters despite being bombarded by Nigerian Airforce Jets.
A Federal Lawmaker representing Magumeri, Gubio and Kaga Federal Constituency, Hon. Usman Zannah confirmed the attack to the press and said Boko Hara fighters succeeded in infiltrating the council headquarters, where they unleashed mayhem and wreaked havoc on telecommunications facilities.
“Yes I can confirm to you that at about 4 pm today (Monday), some heavily armed Boko Haram terrorists attacked our communities in Magumeri, and when the military airstrike was deployed to repel the attack, the insurgents succeeded and infiltrated the Council Headquarters,” he said.
“It is unfortunate that I don’t have details of the attacks, because, the terrorists razed down the only functional Telecommunications Mast which made it difficult to communicate with my people. My prayer is that Allah (God) in His infinite mercy will protect our innocent civilians against any harmful attacks from the insurgents.
Just last week, many of my people living in surrounding villages of Magumeri Council Area were attacked and now displaced, after looting their foodstuff and domestic animals. In last week attacks, we also lost many of our people who were killed by the insurgents, as others sustained various degrees of injuries.”