MEMORISE: And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. – (Revelation 12:11)
LUKE 17:12-19 (KJV)
12. And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off;
13. And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
14. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
15. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
16. And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks; and he was a Samaritan.
17. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
18. There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
19. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole.
Testimonies are very powerful. Revelation 12:11 confirms that the devil can be overcome by the word of our testimony.
That is how important it is.
When it is testimony time, some people say to themselves “Let others mount the podium; I am too big for that.”
Have you observed that those who frequently share testimonies always have new ones?
This is because when you talk about what God has done in the past, He will be compelled to do more.
A testimony is a weapon of warfare. (2 Chronicles 20:1-30) shows this clearly. King Jehoshaphat knew how to give testimonies.
Three different armies had gathered to destroy him, so he began to testify: God, are You not the One who did this?
Then God told him there was no need to fight the battle. Jehoshaphat and his people only had to sing and God destroyed these armies for them.
David was another man who knew how to give testimonies. There was nothing God did for David that he kept quiet about.
This is perhaps why Israel won all their battles during his reign and he has remained to date the greatest king Israel ever had.
In fact, his testimonies are all over the book of Psalms. He said in Psalms 103:2:
“Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:”
There is a lot to gain from sharing testimonies and a lot to lose from keeping God’s wondrous works to oneself.
Have you been hiding your testimonies?
Why not start relaying your testimony at every opportunity you have, even if it is with just one person and see what God will do in your life.
Some people say I love telling stories; the reality is that I actually just love bragging about what my God can do.
I have noticed that the more of His great wonders I share, the more he does in my life.
Share your testimony today and you will begin to experience more wondrous blessings from God.