The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, says churches and mosques remain closed in the state.
He made the announcement in a briefing at the State Secretariat in Alausa, Ikeja on Friday.
Sanwo-Olu added that all restrictions on mass gatherings remain in place.
The governor warned all event and social centres against violating restrictions on social gathering.
See below key points from the governor’s address:
– Sanwo-Olu has announced Monday, August 3, 2020, for SS3 & TEC3 students ONLY. Dates for JS3 re-opening for revision classes & examinations will be announced in due course (for ONLY Day-Schooling, no Boarding activities).
– All restrictions applying to mass gatherings will remain in force (no more than 20 persons permitted, and this includes funerals as well)
– Opening times for government and private offices, markets, supermarkets, eateries and so on, will remain as approved.
– Places of worship will remain CLOSED in Lagos State, until further notice.
– All Social and Events Centers, and Social Clubs, will also remain closed, for now.
– All bars, day and night clubs, cinemas, games arcades, beaches and beach fronts, gyms and spas continue to remain CLOSED
– Eateries and restaurants are to continue to open as normal for takeout only. In-dining is still Prohibited.