Rivers state government has vowed to hold Timipre Sylva and Adams Oshiomhole responsible if any harm comes upon Justice Mary Odili.
This is coming after some hoodlums barricaded the Abuja residence of the Justice Mary Odil, wife to former Rivers state governor, Peter Odili. The hoodlums were seen carrying placards as they demanded the resignation of the Justice.
It would be recalled that Justice Odili delivered the judgment which nullified the election victory of David Lyon, Bayelsa governor-elect and member of the All Progressives Congress.
Condemning the attack, Rivers state government has released accusing Minister of Petroleum Timipre Sylva and APC national leader, Adams Oshiomhole to call “their hired agents” to stop perpetrating acts of violence
Read the full statement
RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT CONDEMNS ATTACKS ON DR PETER ODILI AND HIS FAMILY
The Rivers State Executive Council at its meeting held on Wednesday 19th February, 2020 at the Government House, Port Harcourt reviewed the recent attacks on the residence of the Former Governor of Rivers State, Dr Peter Odili as a result of the Supreme Court judgment that nullified the election of David Lyon as Governor of Bayelsa
State and resolved as follows:
1. That the Rivers State Executive Council observed that the Federal Government seems not to show interest in the sponsored threats to the lives of Dr Peter Odili and members of his family.
2. That the Rivers State Executive Council condemns the barricading of the residence of Dr Peter Odili at Maitama, Abuja by sponsored thugs of the All Progressives Congress (APC) .
3. That the Rivers State Executive Council wondered why Dr Peter Odili’s family should be singled out for the unwarranted attack, when the judgment that ousted David Lyon as Governor of Bayelsa State was a unanimous decision of a five-member panel of Supreme Court Justices.
4.That the Rivers State Executive Council warns the Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylva and the National Chairman of APC, Adams Oshiomhole and their hired agents to desist from the sponsorship of violent attacks against Dr Peter Odili and members of his family.
5. That the Rivers State Government will hold Timipre Sylva and Adams Oshiomhole responsible if anything happens to Dr Peter Odili and members of his family.
6. That the Rivers State Executive Council noted that in the past Rivers State suffered unfavourable Judicial Pronouncements and never resorted to self help as being promoted by APC Leaders in the case of Bayelsa State.
7.That the Rivers State Government will employ all legal means to protect Dr Peter Odili and members of his family.
8. That the Rivers State Government will protect Rivers State Indigenes who are serving Federal and State Judicial officers .
9. That the Rivers State Government warns that should this harassment and intimidation continue, it will have no alternative than to retaliate.
10. That the Rivers State Government will defend the lives and property of Rivers people at all times.
11. Enough is enough.
Information and Communication ,
19th February, 2020.