Vendor dies from electrocution after trying to assist another victim

1 Min Read

A yet to be identified food vendor has lost her life due to electrocution in Umuhia, Abia State.  The mishap reportedly occurred around the Michael Okpara Square in the state’s capital on Thursday.

Reports have it that the vendor had initially steered clear of the incident scene but had to return to rescue a sales assistant who works with her.

A high tension wire had landed on a stick which was close to the roof of the food vendor’s station, causing the entire area to be prone to electric shock.

Vendor dies from electrocution after trying to assist another victim

Unknowingly, the sales assistant later placed her hand on the pole holding the wire and got electrocuted in the process.

However, she survived the shock and beckoned for rescue. Her colleague was not so lucky. In her attempt to rescue her, she got electrocuted and died before she got to the hospital.

According to Southern City news, the other victim is still receiving medical treatments at a certain hospital in the area while the Police officers around there have been notified about the incident.

Also, read: Supreme Court upholds declaration of Donald Duke as SDP presidential candidate

Share this Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.