Following the return of 187 Nigerians back from South Africa due to recent xenophobic attacks last week, another batch of 320 Nigerians are expected to be back in the country on Tuesday, September 17th, 2019.
According to reports from The Nation, the 320 Nigeria returnees are set to be conveyed aboard a Boeing 777-300 aircraft, to be operated by Air Peace personnel again.
Chairman of Air Peace, Allen Onyema, told the reporters that efforts are on to deploy a bigger aircraft which can hold up to 367 passengers.
“We are fully set for Tuesday, our aircraft and crew will leave about four o clock and get to South Africa about 9 o’clock for the operations. We hope about 350 Nigerians are ready so that we fly enough passengers not to leave the aircraft empty,” he said.
Godwin Adama who is Nigeria’s Consul General in Johannesburg, had earlier disclosed that many of the returnees missed the first flight because of their uncoordinated attitudes.
He said the misplacement of travel documents as stipulated in South African immigration laws, delayed the evacuation process.