Cadbudry Nigeria To Acquire 100% Stake In Stanmark

Cadbury Nigeria, a leading Food and Beverage company publicly traded on the Nigerian Stock Exchange has unveiled plans to acquire 100% of Stanmark.

Stanmark is a 12,500 ton capacity plant in Ondo that produces cocoa butter, liquor and powder. It supplies the entire cocoa powder requirements for Cadbury beverage products while the cocoa butter and liquor are exported.

Cadbury Nigeria already owns 98% of Stanmark and plans to acquire the remaining 2% in order to maximize operational efficiency.

“Cadbury proposes to exchange one share for 5.58 shares of Stanmark” and then merge the companies, Kufre Ekanem, a spokesman for Cadbury Nigeria.

The combination will make it easier for Cadbury Nigeria to refinance the cocoa business and raise output, Ekanem said. “The companies have applied to the court and the regulatory authorities for approval and believe the deal will be completed soon,” he said.

The Herald NG

The Herald NG is a leading newspaper in Nigeria at the forefront of the digital revolution.

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

The Heraldng

Stay in touch with us on your social networks and never again miss out on any updates.

FOLLOW US ON