Barclays Premier League is undoubtedly one of the best football leagues in the World coupled with daily signing rumuors and a busy transfer market it is expected to have some really large figures rolling into top players and playmakers pockets.
The list of the top 10 highest paid Premier League players courtesy of purelyfootball.com goes thus:-
10) David Silva (Manchester City)
Classy Manchester City playmaker David Silva earns £140k per week with his new five-year contract
9) Alexis Sanchez (Arsenal)
New Arsenal winger Alexis Sanchez has also earns £140k a week.
8) Cesc Fabregas (Chelsea)
formerly signed to Arsenal, then bBarcelona and now Chelsea earns £150k per week at Stamford Bridge.
7) Diego Costa (Chelsea)
Earning the same with fellow team mate Cesc Fabregas Diego also stands at £150k a week at Stamford Bridge.
6) Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
Clinical forward Sergio Aguero has penned a new five-year deal at Manchester City in the coming days, which is also worth £150k per week –making him the 6th highest earner.
5) Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
It would be hard to argue that Chelsea have had good value out of their £175k a week investment in Fernando Torres, but the Spaniard ranks 5th regardless.
4) Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
Chelsea had to beat off a host of other massive European clubs to secure the signing of Eden Hazard from Lille two years ago – so it should be no surprise that the Belgian ranks 4th on £185k per week.
3) Robin van Persie (Manchester United) Manchester United striker Robin van Persie was lured to Old Trafford from divisional rivals Arsenal by the £200k per week wages on offer in Manchester.
2) Yaya Toure (Manchester City) Midfielder Yaya Toure is still perhaps the biggest marquee signing to have been made by
Manchester City, with the Ivorian earning £200k a week at Eastlands and ranking 2nd on this list.
1) Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
Wayne Rooney has had a propensity for handing in transfer requests at Manchester United, but that hasn’t stopped his wage packet creeping up to an eye-watering £300k per week, making him comfortably the league’s highest paid player.