R&B vocalist Cassie and music mogul, Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs on Friday settled out of court, one day after she filed an explosive lawsuit alleging that the music executive drugged, raped and abused her over 13 years.
Both parties confirmed the settlement in a joint statement without revealing details.
Cassie, 37, said, “I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control. I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support.”
Combs, 54, also confirmed the settlement, saying that “we have decided to resolve this matter amicably. I wish Cassie and her family all the best.”
Cassie, whose real name is Casandra Ventura, filed the lawsuit on Thursday, in which she said she was trapped between 2005 and 2018 by Mr Combs, her-ex-boyfriend, in a cycle of abuse and violence.
She said Combs regularly fed her drugs and alcohol, forced her to have sex with male prostitutes and viciously raped her shortly after meeting her when she was only 19 in 2005.
Cassie, who is also an actress, further claimed that Combs — who was prone to “uncontrollable rage” — “frequently” and “savagely” beat her so severely that she needed to hole up in hotels for weeks at a time.
She said that many of these incidents occurred before Combs’ staffers and business associates, who were too scared to stop him because of his status in the entertainment industry.
However, Combs denied the allegations, claiming his ex had been demanding $30 million from him for the last six months “under the threat of writing a damaging book about their relationship, which was unequivocally rejected as blatant blackmail.”