The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Mr Godwin Emefiele, has been elected as Lucas Nchama, the governor of the Banque des tats de l’Afrique Centrale, BEAC’s successor.
This confirms him as the President of the Association of African Central Banks (AACB).
Emefiele’s election was concluded upon at the 39th Ordinary meeting of the Assembly of Governors of the AACB.
His tenure will span from the year 2016 to 2017.
The newly elected AACB president, Emefiele, will be working with team members comprised of:
– The governor of the Bank of Ghana as chairman of the West African sub-region;
– The governor of the Central Bank of Mauritania, chairman of the North African sub-region;
– The governor of the Bank of Central African States, chairman of the central African sub-region.
– The governor of Banque de la Republique du Burundi as chairman of the East African sub-region and,
– The governor of the Central Bank of the Kingdom of Swaziland as chairman of the Southern African sub-region.