Generator Fume Wipes Out Whole Family In Edo

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Six members of a family of seven in Egor LGA of Edo State have been killed by fumes from a generator the father powered on and kept in the kitchen of their apartment.

The incident reportedly occurred on Tuesday.

According to reports, the mother of the home identified simply as Benedicta and her five kids, including a twin, were found dead in their apartment located around Akpata Street in Benin, the Edo State capital.

The father of the home, Tochukwu Okwueze, allegedly put on the generator the previous night, kept in the kitchen and left it running throughout the night.

Neighbours were said to have suspected something was amiss when they saw no member of the family come out the following morning.

The concerned neighbours then broke down the door after repeated knocking failed to attract attention from the family.

They then raised alarm after sighting the lifeless body of some of the family members.

Although the other family members were confirmed dead, Okwueze was said to be in a coma and taken to a hospital in the Eweka area of Benin for medical attention.

The Punch quoted the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Johnson Kokumo, as confirming the incident, adding that investigation had commenced into the circumstances leading to it.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.