Four members of a family, including a 100-year-old woman, have died under mysterious circumstances in a village in Ebonyi State.
The state police command confirmed on Monday that the incident occurred at Amachara village, Afikpo North LGA.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the command, DSP Loveth Odah, disclosed that the family members died from food poisoning, adding that their remains had been deposited at Matter Hospital in Afikpo North.
She said, “The death of the said persons was as a result of food poisoning. A family of four at Amachara village at Afikpo North LGA was discovered dead on their bed inside their room.
“We sent a team of police officers to the area and discovered that the said family of four ate their last meal and gave up. The victims included a woman of over one hundred years and another elderly of over seventy years and two others.
“Their bodies have been deposited at the Matter Hospital and autopsy will be conducted to ascertain the real cause of their death.
“We urge people to always check the type of food they want to eat to avoid this kind of mysterious death.”