Jimoh Ibrahim loses mother in Lagos fire

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Billionaire businessman, Jimoh Ibrahim, has lost his mother to a fire incident.

The 78-year old mother, Omofemiwa Ramat Ibrahim, died at her son’s residence on Road 3B8 Victoria Garden City (VGC), Lekki in the early hours of Saturday. The fire was said to have started around 1am.

The fire was reportedly caused by a candle lit by the septuagenarian for prayer. She was said to be a Catholic. However, the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said it was caused by power surge.

Read also: Sanwo-Olu reveals “Vision for a Greater Lagos”

Responding to the incident on Twitter, the LASEMA Response Unit (LRU) wrote “LRU Fire and Rescue unit on a fire rescue operation at VGC. Fire was caused by a Power surge.”

It implored Lagosians to “endeavor to check all power units in our individual homed regularly.” Madam Ibrahim was pronounced dead at the scene after the arrival of fire-fighters, while her remains have been deposited at the morgue.

Rasaki Musibau, the Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, said the fire service was alerted at 02.20am and its Lekki Phase 1 station arrived at the scene around 02.27am. The

Confirming the incident, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Chike Oti, noted that “If we have been alerted earlier, we would have reduced the damaging effects.”

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.