Just In: Amotekun Frees Ekiti Businessman From Kidnappers’ Nest

3 Min Read
Just In: Amotekun Frees Ekiti Businessman From Kidnappers' Nest
Amotekun Frees Ekiti Businessman From Kidnappers’ Nest

The Ekiti State Security Network Agency, Amotekun corps, have freed a businessman, Happiness Ajayi, that was kidnapped in Ekiti State on Friday, December 25th.

The Amotekun Corps commander, Brigadier General Joe Komolafe (rtd), confirmed to newsmen in Ado-Ekiti, that the victim was rescued from the kidnappers after sustained pressure.

The security agency were said to have rescued the victim from a forest in Isapa community of Kwara state at about 3pm, on Monday.

Komolafe revealed that the Corps operatives traced the kidnappers into the forest shortly after the kidnap happened on Friday.

He explained that, after a sustained search for the victim in the forest, the kidnappers abandoned him and ran away.

“Immediately the incident happened on Friday, our men were on ground and that was how we were able to rescue his cousin from the gunmen,” Komolafe stated.

“We were on their trail since that day in the forest and when they sense we were close on them, he was abandoned in a forest at Isapa in Kwara state and they fled.

The Amotekun Brigadier however pointed out that the victim was released without any form of ransom paid.

“We did what is required of us since Friday and we were successful this afternoon (Monday) when he was left alone,” he said.

Read also: Another Suspected Armed Robber Burnt To Death In Ibadan

The victim was kidnapped along Isan-Iludun-Ekiti road in Oye local government area alongside his cousin, Oluwaseun Fatile.

Amotekun corps swiftly intervened to rescue Fatile, the victim’s cousin, from the armed men, but could not stop the kidnap of the Ekiti businessman.

After his release, the kidnap victim revealed his horrible experience while in the hands of his captors.

Ajayi stated how he was deprived of food throughout his detention.

He went further to state that he was coerced into trekking the forest for 72 hours without any shoes on.

“You know I was kidnapped at about 6pm along Isan-Iludun-Ekiti road and I was matched through the forest since the time I was kidnapped till around 2am on Saturday before we stopped to relax,” Ajayi recounted.

“We were on the move all through and they did not give me any food to eat.They even threatened to match me to Zamfara if I did not do anything they ask me to do.

“They were six in number and it was only one of them that could barely speak in English language, others speak Hausa language,” he revealed.





Share this Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.