Lagos coronavirus patients send important messages to Nigerians (Video)


Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Some coronavirus patients in the Infectious Diseases Hospital (IDH) Yaba, Lagos state have informed Nigerians that COVID-19 is not a death sentence but it must be taken seriously.

The infected patients who disclosed this in a video thanked health workers for their service.

Governor Babjide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state shared the video on his official Twitter handle on Wednesday, April 1.

Meanwhile, the state government has discharged five coronavirus patients from the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH), Yaba.

The discharged patients, four males and one female, left the facility on Monday.  Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Gbenga Omotosho, confirmed the report. This brings the total number of patients discharged from the centre to eight.

“Yes, I’m aware. Five coronavirus patients, who have fully recovered from the disease after treatment, were set to be discharged from isolation centre today (yesterday).

“The state government has concluded all arrangements to reintegrate the patients into the society. But, I know by now the patients are supposed to be in their respective homes.

“However, the state government will issue a statement very soon. It’s a great thing of joy,” he said when contacted about the veracity of the report.

The survivors were quarantined and treated at the isolation centre for two weeks after testing positive for the coronavirus.

The survivors who preferred to remain anonymous looked stable and unruffled, saying they felt very happy they had been given a clean bill of health, a report on the state government’s website stated.

According to the report, the survivors expressed joy and satisfaction with the State Government and Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu over the treatments they received at the isolation centre and his proactive approach towards the containment of the virus.

“I came in here on the 15th and after the test showed positive, I was asked to come back the next day. I was admitted here same day.

“Initially, there were hitches but it later turned out fine. The health workers did fine, all our challenges were attended to. I’m a living witness together with my other colleagues,” one of the unidentified survivors was quoted as saying.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.