Award-winning Nigerian Artiste David Adeleke better known by his stage name Davido came into limelight in 2011 after his rave hit single ‘Back When’.
The Herald earlier reported that Davido turns 27 today, Thursday, November 21. To celebrate his birthday, he posted the mouth-watering menu for his birthday dinner.
However, below are the top ten things you probably don’t know about Davido.
1. Davido was born in Atlanta, Georgia on 21 November 1992.
2. He is the son of popular billionaire businessman Adedeji Adeleke while his mother, Mrs. Veronica Adeleke.
3. He started his education at the popular British School, Lagos before he moved to Oakwood University to study Business Administration
4. He was admitted into Babcock University to study music, a department his father helped to set up. In June 2015, he graduated from Babcock University with a second class upper degree in Music.
5. As a teenager, he started off as a “backup” for rising rapper Sina Rambo. He then started a group with B-Red and Rambo called KB International.
6. In 2012 he bought a house worth N140 million in Lekki Phase 1 at the age of 20 and he is reportedly worth $16 million
7. In 2017 alone, Davido received 39 awards. Two including MTV Europe Music Award as Best African Act 2017 and MTV Europe Music Award for Best Worldwide Act 2017.
8. The Nigerian music star now has over 13 million followers on Instagram, making him the first Nigerian artist to have such a high social media following.
9. On June 2018 he became the first International act to receive his BET award live on stage during the Black Entertainment Television Awards in June 2018.
10. He has two daughters from Sophie Momodu and Amanda who he had a brief relationship with. He also has a son named David Adedeji Ifeanyi Adeleke Jnr with his fiancé, Chioma.
Meanwhile, The Herald reported that Davido was recently being detained in Dubai as sources said President Buhari may soon intervene in his case, by conferring with the Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Davido was in Dubai most of the past week for the Dubai Africa Music Fest, which saw many Nigerian celebrities in attendance. The flamboyant crooner also known as O.B.O was seen in his Instagram stories buying truckloads of champagne, and taking his 30 B.G members on lavish shopping sprees.