Friends, did you ever think it would be possible to add pineapple to your rice and enjoy the meal? Well, I have good news for you. Not only is it possible, it’s probably one of the tastiest rice dishes you would ever eat. My Thai Pineapple fried rice is definitely a winner and you will be pleased you tried it.
You will need the following ingredients to make this dish:
– Shrimps, (cleaned and deveined)
– Oyster sauce
– Soy sauce
– Fish sauce
– Fish seasoning
– Onions, diced
– Red bell pepper, diced
– Green bell pepper, diced
– Scotch bonnet (ata rodo)-chopped finely
– Carrot -diced
– Spring onions
– Day old cooked Basmati rice (you can use jasmine rice as well
– Diced pineapple
– Vegetable oil for frying
– Marinate shrimps with oyster sauce and some fish seasoning and set aside.
– Prepare the sauce by mixing some oyster sauce, fish sauce and soy sauce together. Set aside.
– Heat a wok with oil and fry the 2 eggs until they set. Remove and set aside.
– Add the shrimps and stir fry until they are cooked half way. Remove and set aside.
– Add a little more oil to the Wok and add the onions, ginger, garlic. Saute until fragrant.
– Add the rice and carrots and continue stir-frying.
– Once the rice grains starts to pop up, return the shrimps and add the bell peppers.
– Add sauce and stir fry quickly for about 1 minute. Taste and add more seasoning if required.
– Finally add pineapple and return the fried eggs and stir fry to combine.
– Turn off the heat and add the spring onions.
– Serve on a plate or in a pineapple boat. ENJOY!