DPRK to bring to justice suspects of alleged assassination plot against top leader

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) has said it will bring to justice the “terror suspects” involved in what the country alleged was an assassination plot against its top leader Kim Jong Un.

Han Song Ryol, vice foreign minister of the DPRK, told foreign diplomats and newsmen on Thursday

“The Central Prosecutor’s Office will ask for the handover of those criminals and prosecute them under the relevant laws of the country.

“Korean-style anti-terror war will be launched immediately and in a consecutive and intensive way against the U.S. and South Korea, whom Pyongyang has accused of sponsoring the murder,’’ the official added without elaborating.

 

 

The DPRK said recently it had foiled an attempt by the U.S. and South Korean intelligence services to assassinate Kim with bio-chemical and radio-active substances during his public appearances in mass celebrations on April 15.

The DPRK’s Ministry of State Security said in a statement that the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and South Korea’s National Intelligence Service (NIS) had infiltrated a terrorist group in the DPRK to carry out the assassination plan, which was hatched in nearly two years ago.

According to the DPRK authorities, in response, Kim ordered a team to carry out the top secret arrest mission this year.

It is not known how many people have been arrested in the case so far, but the DPRK has vowed to hunt down to the last one of the suspects in every corner of the earth.

 

 

Pyongyang has arrested two American citizens recently for alleged “hostile activities” against the country.

However, it is not known if the arrests were relevant to the case. (Xinhua/NAN)
ACO/AMY

Comments are closed.