“It feels like my body is on fire” – Woman narrates harrowing experience with coronavirus
A woman that tested positive for coronavirus, Mandy Charlton, said she woke up feeling like her body was on fire and like she swallowed glass.
The 46-year-old photographer was rushed to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle with an ambulance on Friday, Metro UK reported.
Her temperature was more than 38 degrees celsius when she got to the hospital, but she is now back at home self-isolating until the end of the week.
Charlton said she has been sleeping for 20 hours a day and taking paracetamol to recover.
“I know my temperature was once 37.9 and once over 39. I have a weird dry cough which hurts.
“My body has felt like it has been on fire, waking up drenched, horrible. I’ve had flu before but this was something else.
“When it came to the hospital saying I was well enough to go home and self-isolate, I asked how I would get home.
“They said I could wait nine hours whilst they tried to get some isolation transport or I could ask a friend.
‘I had a panic attack at that point, thankful for my best friend who risked her own health to get me home.
“I don’t for one moment blame the doctors or the nurses, I wholly place the blame on the government.”
Charlton, a mother of three, said she believed she contracted the virus from one of her daughters who came home with a fever last week.