Politics

UK, US Warning: Buhari and His Cabal Now Scared- Atiku

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

The Presidential candidate for the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has stated that following the warnings by the UK and US governments, Buhari and his alleged cronies are running scared.

Recall that the governments of the US and UK had both expressed concern in separate statements about the suspension of Walter Onnoghen by the President.

In a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communications, Phrank Shuaibu, Atiku warned that there would be consequences if Buhari failed to provide a free and fair election next month.

“Buhari’s cabal is unhappy with the statements from the US, the British and the EU because they know that these world powers have agreed to re-route their latest and most technologically sophisticated spy satellites, including the NAOL-47 satellite, to provide comprehensive coverage over Nigeria on February 16.

READ: Removal of CJN: PDP suspends campaign

“The photographs these satellites will deliver cannot only show someone reading a newspaper but also which newspaper they are reading.” Atiku said.

The federal government had earlier put out a robust response to the statements by foreign governments warning that any attempt to undermine the elections would be met with a level of resistance.

“The nation’s security forces will confront any attempt to interfere with the process by elements from outside the country.” a statement by the Federal Government through Buhari’s aide, Garba Shehu had said.

Atiku meanwhile called on the officials of INEC, the Police and Military not to be swayed by any persuasion to help rig the elections.

Famutimi Femi is a writer for theheraldng. He is also a lawyer by trade. His hobbies include reading and writing, he also loves Renaissance art.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.